SEARCH THE BLOG

Nov 7, 2012

Practical Paleo


Look what showed up at my door yesterday! 


I shouldn't really be surprised since I ordered it last week and I've been hanging out by the mailbox like a crazy stalker ever since. Have you read Diane Sanfilippo's Practical Paleo?

To be honest, I was a bit hesitant to buy it just because of the price, and I already have two Paleo books, but it was recommended so highly that I went for it. And when it arrived I could see the justification for the price - look at how thick this thing is! That's a lot of eating to look forward to. It's not just a cookbook though, it's a guide to Paleo living with explanations of why it just might be right for you, and 30 day meal plans (with links to the recipes).


I've been following Paleo for about a year now, but I'm by no means an expert. I'll direct you to this link for an excellent explanation of what it is. Basically it is eating only natural, unprocessed foods that have high-nutrient value, aren't irritating to your body, and taste good!

I haven't been as stringent as I probably could sometimes (there was a jujube-hoarding incident that we won't go into), but even so I feel so much better. I kicked my potato chip addiction (still working on the sugar addiction), I don't feel bloated in the afternoon any more, and as an added bonus I've lost 30 pounds.

Okay, it's really hard to talk about Paleo without sounding like you're selling something. Let me just show off some of this book! (Though I'm afraid that my photos of her photos don't do it justice.)

bison burgers with sweet potato "buns"

chocolate truffles (yes, you can have dessert!)

food prep

tailored meal plans

Anyone out there tried Paleo or a similar lifestyle change? What did you think? Did everyone around you think you were crazy? 


(and yes, that's Ana White's The Handbuilt Home underneath. I'm saving it for the weekend!)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...