SEARCH THE BLOG

Jan 29, 2014

Watercolour Photos



I became an artist today. A watercolour artist. It only took a few minutes and $1.99. A pretty good deal, wasn't it? 


Or ma-a-a-a-ybe I just bought a new app called Waterlogue that lets you turn any photo into a watercolour painting.

I am flat out addicted to this app. So much so that I wore out my phone battery today playing with it. It's so simple to use - there are about 12 different styles, different sizes, frames/no frames, etc. I know this sounds like an infomercial, but honestly, I paid for it myself, and they don't even know I exist.

How about a sample before and after? This is a photo of an ice-covered tree in our yard taken during the ice storm just before Christmas. The original photo:



And the Waterlogue painted version:


So pretty, isn't it? That is something I would print. I especially love the light blues and bright shades of orange that are so much more visible than in the photo.

Here's our kitchen post-makeover:


And painted:



Of course I had to do some pictures of the dogs. (I did about three each, but I'll only make you look at one.)




I just couldn't stop. I mean, who doesn't need a watercolour of downtown Houston?


Or a palm tree?


Or The Alamo at night? In this one I really love how the people turned out. I think the guy in the right foreground is checking his phone. :-)



And that was my first day with Waterlogue. I can't wait to go through my vacation/nature pictures and perhaps make something worth framing.

Have you tried out Waterlogue? What would you "paint"?




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...