SEARCH THE BLOG

Jul 19, 2014

This Caught My Eye...


Since Tom won't let me start any projects until the bathroom is finished (I did sneak in a bit of work on the wainscoting before he stopped me), I'm just going to have to appease my need to DIY by looking at what other people are doing around the 'net.

Denise at Frazzled Joy made over some drawer pulls for her master bathroom rather than buying new ones from Hobby Lobby. I like hers much better. They're chunky and rustic, and I love the crisscross detail. I'm a twine addict so I might have to steal this idea myself.



Laura over at A Nurse and a Nerd refinished her Adirondack chairs - with deck stain! So smart! Last summer I sanded, stained, and sealed our deck furniture and it's peeling already. So frustrating. I'm going to have to get myself a bucket of stain. And the chocolate shade she chose is gorgeous.


I've been trying really hard to eat healthier this year, but this cookie dough fudge recipe from Bekki at Domestic Mommyhood could make me cave. Tom eats ice cream all of the time, but I never want any - unless it's cookie dough flavour. I will never say no to that. Maybe if I cut the fudge up into tiny, little pieces it wouldn't be so bad. I have willpower...don't I?


About a month ago I hung a shelf in the front foyer to give us a place to toss our keys, coins, sunglasses, etc. as we came in the door. I'm not really happy with it - it's a little too pre-fabricated for me. I think I'd like to try something more rustic, like these shelves that Colleen from Lemon Thistle installed in her (new!) kitchen. She used Ikea brackets, but subbed in real wood boards for the pre-made shelves. Real wood for the win, every time!



Do you think dreaming about these four projects are enough to keep me happy for a while? Or maybe they're just increasing my itch to get back out to the garage and get dirty.

3 comments:

Barb @ Turtles and Tails said...

wow that is awesome my name is seanne and I am looking for a companion . someone I can share the ups and downs of life with and that I can call my own. search me on facebook Seanne Rose Tonga

Barb @ Turtles and Tails said...

Hi Barb! Thanks so much for featuring my chair redo! Its totally a bummer that you have to redo your own chairs so soon. :-( Better luck this time around I hope!!

Barb @ Turtles and Tails said...

No problem, Laura, I love what you did! Is it crazy that I'm looking forward to redoing them? :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...